New Jersey LLC Alternate Name Registration
Are you a business owner looking for New Jersey LLC Alternate Name Registration? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Alternate Assumed Fictitious Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in New Jersey:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Check off the Statutory Authority that applies to your business.In this case, it will be Title 42:2C-4 Limited Liability Company
- Enter the name of the entity
- Enter the ten-digit Business ID
- Enter the state of Formation
- Enter the date of Formation (a) For foreign LLC enter the date of authorization
- Enter the alternate name that you wish to have registered
- State the business purpose
- Leave blank
- If the alternate name was previously used, enter the month and year such use commenced.
- Enter signature, name and date
- Title is "Authorized Representative"
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go tohttps://www.njportal.com/dor/businessamendments
- Select “Close a Business.” under business filing
- List the ten-digit Business ID (a) The business ID can be found on the Certificate of Formation
- Select the business type
- Date of Incorporation/Formation (MM/YYYY)
- Final Contact Address
- List Phone Number, Email Address and Fax number
- Select Business Closing/Cancellation Choice
- Check the box to signify the termination
- Check the second box
- List the authorized representative, signature and title
- Upload "Plan of Dissolution" (If applicable)
- List the LLC's members or managers and the street address of each.
- Review and continue
- Select payment type, the filing fee is $125 (a) Credit card payment attracts a Service Fee of $3.00 (b) E-Check payment attracts a Service Fee of $1.00
- Download the Business Formation Document.
- Complete the form and submit in duplicate. Nonprofit organizations must submit form C-150G in triplicate.
- Make checks payable to: TREASURER, STATE of NEW JERSEY. (No cash, please)
- Mail to: NJ Division of Revenue, PO Box 308, Trenton, NJ 08646
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today