New Jersey LLC Business Purpose Change
Are you a business owner looking for New Jersey LLC Business Purpose Change? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Business Purpose your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in New Jersey:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- List the name of the LLC
- List the ten-digit Business ID
- List the document and article to be corrected, and enter the language that corrects the defect or inaccuracy.
- Other Provisions (as needed) a) Specify other information such as the effective date if it is other than the filing date. The effective date can't be more than 30 days after the filing date. Backdating isn't allowed
- Signature, name and date of the authorized representative
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go tohttps://www.njportal.com/dor/businessamendments
- Click on "File an Amendment or an Alternate Business Name" and select start the filing process
- Select the ten-digit Business ID (a) The business ID can be found on the Certificate of Formation
- Select the business type
- Date of Incorporation/Formation MM/YYYY
- Click on L-102
- Click I Agree
- In the amendment information, select "Yes" to correct your Business Purpose and "No" for the rest of the options and continue
- Enter the Article Number
- Add new Business Purpose
- Add additional article changes (If applicable)
- Review and continue
- Enter the manager's first and last name or an authorized representative
- Select payment type, the filing fee is $100 (a) Credit card payment attracts a Service Fee of $3.50 (b) E-Check payment attracts a Service Fee of $1.00
- Download the Business Formation Document.
- Complete the form and submit in duplicate. Nonprofit organizations must submit form L-102 in triplicate.
- Make checks payable to: TREASURER, STATE of NEW JERSEY. (No cash, please)
- Mail to: NJ Division of Revenue, PO Box 308, Trenton, NJ 08646
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today