Are you a business owner looking for Texas LLC Change by Registered Agent to Name or Address? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Information by Agent your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Texas:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To Change the Registered Agent to Name or Address, follow the instructions below:
- Registered Agent Information - List the name of the registered agent as it currently appears in the records of the secretary of state.
- Entity Information (a) The statement of change must contain the legal name of the entity or entities represented by the registered agent. (b) It is recommended that the file number assigned to the represented entity by the secretary of state be provided to facilitate processing of the document.(c) The entity type must be shown for the entity listed. An attachment to the form is provided for listing additional entities.
- Address of Registered Agent - Complete this section to effect a change to the registered office address maintained by the agent.
- New Name of Registered Agent - Complete this section to effect a change to the name of the registered agent.NOTE: It is not appropriate to file this form if a new or different person will serve as the agent. The use of this form is limited to the circumstances under which the same individual or organization continues to serve as the registered agent under a new name.
- Effectiveness of filing - Filing Date/Future Date (up to 90 days); back-dating not allowed
- Digital/Wet signature of authorized person
- Printed or typed name of authorized person
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To change the registered agent to name or address online, follow the instructions below:
- Go to SOS Upload website
- Payment information
- Contact Name:
- Email address
- How will you be paying for the filing?
- using funds in account
- by Credit Card (AmEx, Discover, Mastercard, VISA)
- Entity Information
- Filing Number (check your Certificate of Formation, upper-right hand side)
- Entity Name (this is auto-filled once you provide the Filing Number)
- Entity Type (this is auto-filled once you provide the Filing Number)
- Filing Type: Change by Registered Agent to Name or Address
To change the registered agent to name or address by mail, follow the instructions below:
- Print the form (two copies) and sign.
- Payment methods accepted:
- personal checks
- money orders
- LegalEase debit cards
- credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Secretary of State
- Mail the completed form in duplicate along with the filing fee to: P.O. Box 13697 Austin, Texas 78711-3697