How to Change Information in New York LLC
Change Information in New York LLC | BetterLegal
New York LLC Certificate of Change
Are you a business owner looking for New York LLC Certificate of Change ? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Information your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state.
This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in New York:
Fill out DOS-1359-F
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
Cover Sheet—Contact Information
1) Enter the name of the first Entity
2) Enter the previous entity name (If applicable)
3) Enter the date of Formation
4) Tick the box for the option that needs an amendment
5) Add signature and PRINT NAME in the print name box underneath the signature
6) Enter the capacity of Signer (Check the appropriate box)
7) Filer’s Name and Mailing Address
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
Submit it online
Submit it by mail
1) Print the form (3 pages including the cover letter)
2) Payment methods accepted:
b) personal checks
c) money orders
d) credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Visa)
3) Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Department of State.” Please do not send cash through the mail. All checks over $500 must be certified.
4) To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form https://dos.nysits.acsitefactory.com/system/files/documents/2018/10/1515-f.pdf
5) The completed Certificate of Amendment Form and the $30 filing fee should be forwarded/mailed to: New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.
- Prepare by choosing a Name and Registered Agent
- File Certificate of Formation with the State of Texas
- Apply for an EIN with the IRS
- Obtain an Operating Agreement
- Handle Ongoing Texas Compliance and Maintenance
Start your LLC in Set Up Your Business in 10 Minutes or Less
BetterLegal is the fastest and most affordable way for business owners to set up their Business. We file with your State same day so you'll have your Business within 2 business days.Get started today!