Are you a business owner looking for Texas LLC Certificate of Amendment? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Information your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Texas:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To amend the Articles of organization, follow the instructions below:
- Entity Information: Put the legal name of the entity.
- Filing instrument to be corrected: Certificate of Formation
- The date of the filing instrument was filed witht he state: Filing date (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Identification of Errors and Corrections
- fill in the information to correct the filed certificate of formation. One or more of the following will be allowed: (a) Amended Name (b) Amended Registered Agent/Registered Office (c) Other Added, Altered, or Deleted Provisions - Specify the section and information to be added/altered/deleted
- Effectiveness of Filing: Filing date/future date (back-dating is not allowed)
- Digital/Wet signature of authorized person
- Printed or typed name of authorized person
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file the certificate of Amendment online, follow the instructions below:
- Go to SOS Upload website
- Payment information
- Contact Name:
- Email address
- How will you be paying for the filing?
- using funds in account
- by Credit Card (AmEx, Discover, Mastercard, VISA)
- Entity Information
- Filing Number (check your Certificate of Formation, upper-right hand side)
- Entity Name (this is auto-filled once you provide the Filing Number)
- Entity Type (this is auto-filled once you provide the Filing Number)
- Filing Type: Certificate of Amendment
To file the certificate of Amendment by mail, follow the instructions below:
- Print the form (two copies) and sign.
- Payment methods accepted:
- personal checks
- money orders
- LegalEase debit cards
- credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Secretary of State
- Mail the completed form in duplicate along with the filing fee to: P.O. Box 13697 Austin, Texas 78711-3697