California LLC Certificate of Amendment
Are you a business owner looking for California LLC Certificate of Amendment ? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Management Structure your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in California:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: Fill out the form along with the Submission Cover Sheet a) Contact Person - Submitter's information b) Enter the Entity Name c) Enter the Entity Number (if applicable) d) Enter the Principal's Office Address On the Amendment Form
- Enter the current LLC name
- LLC Entity (File) Number
- If amending the LLC name, enter them on item 3. If not, leave it blank.
- If amending the management structure, Select NEW management structure on item 4. If not, leave it blank
- Enter the name and signature
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go to the Secretary of State's website:https://bizfileonline.sos.ca.gov/search/businessand look up the LLC using its name.
- Click on the LLC and then select "File Amendment".
- Choose "Amendment of Articles of Organization - CA LLC".
- Fill in all the required details.
- If you're changing the name of the LLC, select "Yes" under LLC Name in the Amendment Details tab, and enter the new name. If not, select "No".
- If you're amending the management structure, select "Yes" under Management Structure, and choose from the available options. If not, select "No".
- Print and sign the form (including the Submission Cover Sheet)
- Make all checks or money orders payable to the Secretary of State
- Mail the documents to: California Secretary of State Business Programs Division-Business Entities PO Box 944260 Sacramento, CA 94244-2600
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today