Are you a business owner looking for Kansas LLC Change LLC name? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Kansas:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To change the LLC name, follow the instructions below:
- LLC I.D
- Name of LLC
- Check Limited Liability Company Articles of Organization
- Indicate amendment
- Effective date of the amendment
- Name and signature of authorized personnel
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file for change of LLC name in Kansas online, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to the Kansas Business Center website with your registered agent or member/manager account.
- Click on "Existing Business."
- Click on "File an Amendment."
- Select "Name Change."
- Enter your new LLC name in the appropriate field.
- Verify the new name is available by searching the Kansas Business Entity Search website.
- Review and confirm the information you have entered and pay the required filing fee of $35 using a credit or debit card.
- Submit the amendment and wait for the Kansas Secretary of State's office to process your request.
To file for a change of LLC name in Kansas by mail, follow the instructions below:
- Download and fill out the form
- Sign the form
- Write a check or obtain a money order for the $35 filing fee, payable to the Kansas Secretary of State.
- Mail the completed form and filing fee to the following address: Kansas Secretary of State Memorial Hall, 1st Floor 120 SW 10th Avenue Topeka, KS 66612-1594