Montana LLC Articles of Correction
Are you a business owner looking for Montana LLC Articles of Correction? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Montana:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: There is no form that customers can use to file for this change.
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go to the Secretary of State's website:https://biz.sosmt.gov/search/businessand look up the LLC using its name.
- Click on the LLC and then select "Filing Actions".
- Choose "Articles of Correction - Domestic Limited Liability Company".
- Select one from the processing options and review the entity details
- Enter the Document Number, Document Name, Filing Date, and a brief description of what you are correcting
- If correcting the LLC name, enter the CORRECT LLC name on the "Entity Name" page, if not, continue to the next step
- If correcting Principal Office Address, enter the CORRECT Principal's Office Address on "Entity Details" page, if not, continue to the next step
- If correcting Registered Agent's information, enter the CORRECT Registered Agent's name or address on "Registered Agent in MT" page
- If correcting Manager's information, you may do so on "Principals" page
- Review the information, select all boxes, signer's capacity is "Self", enter the first manager's name, click on "Today" for the date, enter Daytime contact information, and pay to file online.
Mail submission is not an option for this filing
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today