Are you a business owner looking for New York LLC Name Change? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in New York:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Name of Entity (old name)
- Date of Formation
- Enter the new name of the Entity in Paragraph FIRST
- Add signature and PRINT NAME in the print name box underneath the signature
- Enter the capacity of Signer
- Enter filer’s Name and Mailing Address
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Print the form (2 pages)
- Payment methods accepted: a) Cash b) personal checks c) money orders d) credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Visa)
- Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Department of State.” Please do not send cash through the mail. All checks over $500 must be certified.
- To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Formhttps://dos.nysits.acsitefactory.com/system/files/documents/2018/10/1515-f.pdf
- The completed Certificate of Amendment Form and the $60 filing fee should be forwarded/mailed to: New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.