Go Back

How to Change Name in South Carolina LLC

Change Name in South Carolina LLC | BetterLegal


South Carolina LLC Name Change

Are you a business owner looking for South Carolina LLC Name Change? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.

There are various ways to do this based on your state.
This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in South Carolina:

Fill out Form §33-44-204(a)

This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:

1) Enter the name of the entity
2) Enter the date of formation
3) Enter the NEW name of the entity
4) Add signature
5) Tick the box to indicate the capacity/position of the person signing
6) Enter the name of the authorized representative
7) Enter the filing date

There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.

Submit it online

1) Go to https://businessfilings.sc.gov/BusinessFiling/Home/DownloadForms?pdfCategoryId=2&category=Making%20Amendments%20to%20an%20Existing%20Business
2) Click on amend an existing business
3) Enter the business name of the company for which you wish to file documents and click search.
4) Find the business in the results below and click to view the official business profile.
5) From your business’s profile click the "Add Filing" button
6) Choose the first option "Amended Articles of Organization (§33-44-204(a))
7) Click on Start filing
8) Enter the contact information
9) Click on "edit"
10) Enter the NEW name of the entity
11) Enter additional amendment information (optional)
12) List the name, select the capacity/position and who is signing the form
13) Review and pay

Submit it by mail

1. Make available the Amended Articles of Organization (filed in duplicate).
2. File two copies of this form, the original and either a duplicate or a conformed copy must be filed.
3. Make a $110 fee payable to the Secretary of State’s Office and mail the document to -Attn: Corporate Filings 1205 Pendleton Street Suite 525 Columbia, SC 29201
4. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope to have a filed copy returned to you by mail.
5. If the space in this form is insufficient, please attach additional sheets containing a reference to the appropriate paragraph in this form

Icon Icon Icon