Are you a business owner looking for Virginia LLC Articles of Amendment - Changing Name By Members? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Virginia:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To change your LLC name, follow the instructions below:
- The limited liability company’s current name
- The new LLC name
- Date of filing
- Digital/Wet signature and Printed or typed name of the authorized person
- Title is Manager
- LLC's ID
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To change your LLC name online, follow the instructions below:
- Log on to CIS athttps://cis.scc.virginia.gov/
- Click Online Services on the top left
- Under Business Entities, click EXISTING BUSINESSES
- Select the business type
- Click "Articles of Amendment - Name Change"
- Locate your business in the system by either: A. Searching for it using the Entity Name field, OR B. Entering your Entity ID
- Click the Select button next to your business’ name. DO NOT click the green entity name and continue
- Once the Entity Information appears, click Next
- Entity's email address and phone number
- New LLC's name
- Date of filing
- Check either the first or second option
- Attachments if needed
- Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person
- Printed or typed name of the authorized person
- Review the filing
- Add to cart and checkout
To file for a name amendment by mail, follow the instruction below:
- Print and complete the form
- Include a $25 check payable to "State Corporation Commission"
- Mail the document and check to State Corporation Commission Clerk’s Office P.O. Box 1197 Richmond, VA 23218