Washington LLC Change Name
Are you a business owner looking for Washington LLC Change Name? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Washington:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Provide the UBI Number assigned to the business registration as on file with the Office of the Secretary of State of Washington. Go tohttps://ccfs.sos.wa.gov/#/CorporationSearchto search for the UBI Number
- Provide the entity name as recorded with the Office of the Secretary of State of Washington.
- Indicate by checking “Yes” or “No” if changing your business type. If “Yes”, select the box “Professional Limited Liability Company.”
- If changing the LLC name, list the new LLC name on item number 4
- Select "This Company shall have a perpetual duration"
- If chnaging the registered agent, indicate by selecting, “Yes” and provide new Registered Agent information.
- If changint the Principal's Office address, enter the new principal office address on item number 7
- List the current individuals/businesses responsible for governing the business.
- Select the date this filing is to be effective. If “Date of Filing” is selected, the effective date will be the date the submission is completed by our office. A future effective date may be specified which may not be more than 90 days after the date of filing.
- List the principal office address for "Return Address for this mailing"
- Enter the first manager's name, title, signature and date the document.
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go to the Secretary of State's website:https://ccfs.sos.wa.gov/#/Home, select "Business Amendment" under Business Maintenance Filings then look up the LLC using its name
- Click the radio button right before the LLC name and click continue
- Select the "Yes" button under "Business Name" then type in the NEW LLC name
- Use the Principal Office address for "Return Address for this filing".
- Enter the first manager's name, title, and check the box under "Authorized Person"
- Click continue to proceed with payment
- Fill out and print the form
- Prepare a check or money orders and make it payable to “Secretary of State.” Checks cannot be backdated more than 60 days from the date the check is received.
- Mail the document and check or money order to: PO Box 40234 Olympia, WA 98504-0234
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today