Are you a business owner looking for Iowa LLC Change Registered agent? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Registered Agent your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Iowa:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To change registered agent, follow the steps below:
- Name of LLC
- Street address and mailing address of Current registered office
- Street address and mailing address of new registered office
- Registered agent name
- Name and email of new Registered agent
- Signature of new registered agent
- Signature of current registered agent
- Effectiveness of Filing: Filing date/future date (back-dating is not allowed)
- Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person
- Printed or typed name of an authorized person
- Title of authorized personnel
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file for Change of Registered agent in Iowa online, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Iowa Secretary of State's website: Navigate to the Iowa Secretary of State's Business Entities webpage.
- Login: If you have an existing account, log in using your username and password. If you don't have an account, you'll need to create one before you can file online.
- Access your LLC record: Once you're logged in, you'll need to access your LLC's record. To do this, click on "Business Search" on the left-hand side of the screen, then search for your LLC by name or registration number.
- Click "Change Registered Agent": On your LLC's record page, click on the "Change Registered Agent" button.
- Enter new registered agent information: You will need to enter the name and address of your LLC's new registered agent.
- Confirm the change: Review the information you've entered and confirm that you want to change your registered agent.
- Pay the filing fee: There is a $10 fee to file a change of registered agent in Iowa. You can pay this fee online using a credit card.
- Submit the form: Once you've paid the fee, submit the form. The Iowa Secretary of State's office will review your request and, if approved, will update your LLC's records to reflect the change of registered agent.
To file for Change of Registered agent in Iowa by mail, follow the steps below:
- Obtain the form: You can download the Change of Registered Agent form from the Iowa Secretary of State's website.
- Complete the form: The Change of Registered Agent form requires you to provide your LLC's name and registration number, as well as the name and address of your LLC's new registered agent.
- Sign the form: The Change of Registered Agent form must be signed by an authorized representative of your LLC, such as a member or manager.
- Pay the filing fee: There is a $10 fee to file a change of registered agent in Iowa. You can pay this fee by check or money order made payable to the Iowa Secretary of State.
- Submit the form: Once you've completed the form and paid the fee, you can submit the form and fee to the Iowa Secretary of State's office by mail. The address for submitting the form is: Secretary of State Lucas State Office Building Des Moines, IA 50319
- Wait for confirmation: After you've submitted the form and fee, it may take several weeks for the Iowa Secretary of State's office to process your request. Once the change of registered agent is approved, the office will mail a confirmation letter to your LLC's registered address.