New Jersey LLC Registered Agent Change
Are you a business owner looking for New Jersey LLC Registered Agent Change? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Registered Agent your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in New Jersey:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- List the name and ten-digit business ID of the entity
- State of original filing
- Prior Registered Agent Information
- Enter new Registered Agent Information
- Add signature of Registered Agent and date
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go tohttps://www.njportal.com/dor/businessamendments
- Click on "File an Amendment or an Alternate Business Name" and select start the filing process
- List the ten-digit Business ID a) The business ID can be found on the Certificate of Formation
- Select the business type
- Enter the date of Incorporation/Formation (MM/YYYY)
- Click on L-102
- Click I Agree
- In the amendment information, select "Yes" to correct your Registered Agent and office information and "No" for the rest of the options
- Edit the current Registered Agent/Office Or Enter a new Registered Agent/Office.
- Enter the Registered Office Article Number and continue
- Add additional article changes (If applicable)
- Review and continue
- Enter the manager's first and last name or an authorized representative
- Select payment type, the filing fee is $100 a) Credit card payment attracts a Service Fee of $3.50 b) E-Check payment attracts a Service Fee of $1.00
- Download the Business Formation Document.
- Complete the form and submit in duplicate. Nonprofit organizations must submit form L-122 in triplicate.
- Make checks payable to: TREASURER, STATE of NEW JERSEY. (No cash, please)
- Mail to: NJ Division of Revenue, PO Box 308, Trenton, NJ 08646
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today