South Carolina LLC Registered Agent Change
Are you a business owner looking for South Carolina LLC Registered Agent Change? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Change Registered Agent your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in South Carolina:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Enter the name of the entity
- Check the box for entity type
- a) Enter the street address of the designated office of the LLC b) Enter the name of the registered agent for service of process c) Enter the street address of the registered agent.
- a) Do not check the box (Unless otherwise) b) Enter the name of the NEW registered agent and signature c) Enter the street address of the NEW registered agent
- Specify the effective date (if applicable) a) Enter the date, signature and name of the signer b) Check the box for the capacity/position of the signer
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go tohttps://businessfilings.sc.gov/BusinessFiling/Home/DownloadForms?pdfCategoryId=2&category=Making%20Amendments%20to%20an%20Existing%20Business
- Click on amend an existing business
- Enter the business name of the company for which you wish to file documents and click search.
- Find the business in the results below and click to view the official business profile.
- From your business’s profile click the "Add Filing" button
- Choose the second option "Notice of Change of Designated Office, Agent or Address of Registered Agent (§33-44-109)"
- Click on Start filing
- Enter the contact information
- Click on "edit"
- Enter the NEW registered agent name and who is signing the form
- Enter the NEW registered agent address and who is signing the form
- Enter the original designated office address
- Specify the effective date (if applicable)
- List the name, select the capacity/position and who is signing the form
- Review and pay
- Make available the a Notice of Change of (1) Designated Office, (2) Agent for Service of Process, or (3) Address of Agent (filed in duplicate).
- File two copies of this form, the original and either a duplicate or a conformed copy, must be filed.
- Make a $10 fee payable to the Secretary of State’s Office and mail the document to -Attn: Corporate Filings 1205 Pendleton Street Suite 525 Columbia, SC 29201
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope to have a filed copy returned to you by mail.
- If the space in this form is insufficient, please attach additional sheets containing a reference to the appropriate paragraph in this form
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today