New York LLC Certificate of Correction
Are you a business owner looking for New York LLC Certificate of Correction? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Correct Information your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in New York:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Enter the name of Entity
- FIRST: Name of LLC
- Enter the date of Formation
- List the nature of correction
- The provision in the document for correction/elimination
- Add the signature and PRINT NAME in the print name box underneath signature
- Enter the capacity of Signer (Check appropriate box)
- Enter the name of LLC
- Filer’s Name and Mailing Address
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Print the form (2 pages)
- Payment methods accepted: a) Cash b) personal checks c) money orders d) credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Visa)
- Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Department of State.” Please do not send cash through the mail. All checks over $500 must be certified.
- To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form
- The completed Certificate of Correction, and the $60 filing fee should be forwarded/mailed to New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today