South Carolina LLC Articles of Correction
Are you a business owner looking for South Carolina LLC Articles of Correction? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Correct Information your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in South Carolina:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Enter the name of the entity
- Enter the document formation date. You can choose to; a) Check the box and describe the document b) Check the box and attach a copy of the document
- State the incorrect statement
- State the correct statement
- Enter the filing date.
- Enter the signature, name and office of the authorized representative
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go tohttps://businessfilings.sc.gov/BusinessFiling/Home/DownloadForms?pdfCategoryId=2&category=Making%20Amendments%20to%20an%20Existing%20Business
- Click on amend an existing business
- Enter the business name of the company for which you wish to file documents and click search.
- Find the business in the results below and click to view the official business profile.
- From your business’s profile click the "Add Filing" button
- Choose the fifth option "Articles of Correction (§33-44-207)"
- Click on Start filing
- Enter the contact information
- Check the box to identify the document to be corrected
- Specify the incorrect statement and the reason it is incorrect.
- If the entity name is the incorrect statement, click on edit to correct the name.
- Describe the correct statement
- List the name, select the capacity/position and who is signing the form
- Upload the previously filed document that needs correction on the next page
- Review and pay
- File two copies of this form, the original and either a duplicate or a conformed copy, must be filed.
- Make $2 fee payable to the Secretary of State’s Office and mail the document to - Attn: Corporate Filings 1205 Pendleton Street Suite 525 Columbia, SC 29201
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today