Are you a business owner looking for Texas LLC Certificate of Correction? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Correct Information your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Texas:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To correct the Articles of organization, fill out the form according to the required amendment of your LLC:
- Entity Information: Put the legal name of the entity.
- Filing instrument to be corrected: Certificate of Formation
- The date of the filing instrument was filed with the state: Filing date (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Identification of Errors and Corrections: Fill in the information to correct the filed certificate of formation. One or more of the following will be allowed: (a) Correction to Entity Name (b) Correction to Registered Agent (c) Correction to Registered Office (d) Identification of Other Errors or Corrections: Specify the section and information to be added, altered, or deleted
- Effectiveness of Filing: The effectivity date may be the submission date or a future date as long as it is within ninety (90) days from the date of submission. It is also important to note that back-dating is not allowed.
- LLC's authorized person should sign the document. Digital or wet signature may be provided. Place the signature above the printed or typed name of authorized person.
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file the certificate of correction online, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Secretary of State's website:https://direct.sos.state.tx.us/lef/index.aspx.
- Provide the payment information. It should include the following: contact name and email address.
- The Secretary of State allows various methods of payment, including: a. SOSDirect prepaid account b. Credit Card (AmEx, Discover, Mastercard, VISA)
- Provide the entity information, including: a. Filing Number: Check your Certificate of Formation. You will find it on the upper-right hand side of the document. b. Entity Name: This will be auto-filled once you provide the correct filing number. c. Entity Type: This will also be auto-filled once you provide the correct filing number. d. Filing Type: Select Certificate of Amendment
To file the certificate of correction by mail, follow the instructions below:
- Print the form (two copies) and sign.
- The accepted payment methods are personal checks, money orders, LegalEase debit cards, and credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Secretary of State.
- Mail the completed form in duplicate, along with the filing fee, to the following address: P.O. Box 13697 Austin, Texas 78711-3697