New York Certificate of Discontinuance of Assumed Name
Are you a business owner looking for New York Certificate of Discontinuance of Assumed Name? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Discontinue Doing Business As DBA your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in New York:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Enter the real name of LLC
- FIRST: Real name of LLC
- FOREIGN ENTITIES ONLY: Fictitious name of the LLC (If applicable)
- Specify if the current real name of the entity is different from the real name listed on the last preceding filing
- Previous name of the entity if it's different from the Certificate of Assumed Name or Certificate of Amendment (optional)
- Enter the present assumed name
- Enter the date of Formation
- Enter the date of Formation of the last Amended Certificate of Assumed Name (If applicable)
- Date/reason for the discontinuance of the use of the assumed name
- Add the name, signature and title of the signer (If the certificate is signed by an attorney-in-fact, include the name and title of the person for whom the attorney-in-fact is acting)
- Enter the real Name of Entity
- Filer’s Name and Mailing Address
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Print the form (2 pages)
- Payment methods accepted: a) Cash b) personal checks c) money orders d) credit cards (American Express, MasterCard, Visa)
- Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Department of State.” Please do not send cash through the mail. All checks over $500 must be certified.
- To pay for a fee using your credit card or debit card, complete and sign the Credit Card/Debit Card Authorization Form
- The completed Certificate of Correction, and the $60 filing fee should be forwarded/mailed to New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12231.
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today