South Carolina LLC Fictitious and Assumed Names
Are you a business owner looking for South Carolina LLC Fictitious and Assumed Names? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Doing Business As DBA your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in South Carolina:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Enter the applicant's name
- Enter the legal name of the LLC
- Enter the resolution to use the fictitious name date
- Enter the fictitious name
- Enter the date, signature, print name and the capacity/position of the applicant
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- File two copies of this form, the original and either duplicate original or conformed copies. If the space in this form is insufficient, please attach additional sheets containing a reference to the appropriate paragraph in this form.
- Include a self addressed stamped envelope to have a filed copy returned to you by mail.
- Make a $2 fee payable to the Secretary of State’s Office and mail the document to -Attn: Corporate Filings 1205 Pendleton Street Suite 525 Columbia, SC 29201
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today