How to Register Assumed Name DBA in Rhode Island LLC
Register Assumed Name DBA in Rhode Island LLC | BetterLegal
Rhode Island LLC Registration of Fictitious Name (DBA)
Are you a business owner looking for Rhode Island LLC Registration of Fictitious Name (DBA)? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Register Assumed Name DBA your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state.
This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Rhode Island:
Fill out Form 624B
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
Before filing the form, confirm the name availability of the fictitious business name https://www.sos.ri.gov/divisions/business-services/name-availability-guidelines
1) Enter the entity ID number
2) Enter the name of the entity
3) Enter the fictitious business name
4) Enter the fictitious business name and country of formation
5) Enter the fictitious business name state of formation
6) Add the name, date and signature of the Authorized person
7) Fill out the filer contact information form
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
Submit it online
1) Go to https://business.sos.ri.gov/corp/LoginSystem/login_form.asp
2) Enter CID and PIN
a) If you do not have a CID and PIN or have forgotten your CID and/or PIN, please contact [email protected].
3) Follow the instructions to add a Fictitious Business Name
4) Pay with a credit card
Submit it by mail
1. Print and fill out the form (including the filer contact information form)
2. Make check via mail payable to the RI Department of State
3. Mail forms to RI Department of State - 148 W. River Street, Ste. 1, Providence, RI 02904
- Prepare by choosing a Name and Registered Agent
- File Certificate of Formation with the State of Texas
- Apply for an EIN with the IRS
- Obtain an Operating Agreement
- Handle Ongoing Texas Compliance and Maintenance
Start your LLC in Set Up Your Business in 10 Minutes or Less
BetterLegal is the fastest and most affordable way for business owners to set up their Business. We file with your State same day so you'll have your Business within 2 business days.Get started today!