Go Back

How to Register Foreign LLC in Hawaii LLC

Register Foreign LLC in Hawaii LLC | BetterLegal


Hawaii LLC Register Foreign LLC

Are you a business owner looking for Hawaii LLC Register Foreign LLC? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Register Foreign LLC your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.

There are various ways to do this based on your state.
This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Hawaii:

Fill out Form FLLC-1

This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:

To Register your foreign LLC, follow the instructions below:
1. Name of LLC
2. State/country of organization
3. Mailing address of Principal office
4. Name and State or Country of Registered agent
5. Street address of Registered agent
6. Check preferred duration period
7. Check Manager managed and provide the required information
8. Check the first option (shall not be liable for debt)
9. Effectiveness of Filing: Filing date/future date (back-dating is not allowed)
10. Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person
11. Printed or typed name of an authorized person

There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.

Submit it online

To register a foreign LLC in Hawaii online, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the link https://cca.hawaii.gov/breg/registration/fllc/
2. Click on "Register a Business" and then select "Foreign LLC Registration" from the list of business types.
3. Create an account on the Hawaii Business Express website if you don't already have one.
4. Enter the required information about your foreign LLC, including its name, jurisdiction, principal office address, and registered agent information.
5. Upload a scanned copy of your Certificate of Good Standing or Existence from your home state or country.
6. Pay the $50 required filing fee using a credit card.
7. Review and submit your application.

Submit it by mail

To register your foreign LLC by mail, follow the instructions below:
1. Fill the form https://cca.hawaii.gov/breg/files/2015/12/fllc-1.pdf
2. Include a Certificate of Good Standing or Existence from your home state or country with the application.
3. Pay the $50 required filing fee by check or money order.
4. Mail the completed application, certificate of good standing, and filing fee payment to the following address:
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 40
Honolulu, HI 96810

Icon Icon Icon