Are you a business owner looking for Michigan LLC Application for Certificate of Authority to Transact Business? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Register Foreign LLC your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Michigan:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To register a foreign LLC, 1. Return address information 2. Name of LLC 3. Name to used in MI 4. State and country of the original formation 5. Date of the original formation 6. Duration of company 7. Principal office address 8. Resident agent name and address in MI 9. Name and address of the organizer 10. Business purpose 11. Date of filing 12. Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person 13. Printed or typed name of the authorized person 14. Title of the authorized person 15. Name and phone number of the submitter
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To register a foreign LLC online, follow the instructions below:
- Go tohttps://cofs.lara.state.mi.us/corpweb/FilingForms/0000M86.ASPX
- Name of LLC
- Name to used in MI
- State and country of the original formation
- Date of the original formation
- Duration of company
- Principal office address
- Resident agent name and address in MI
- Effectiveness of Filing: Filing date/future date (back-dating is not allowed)
- Name and address of the organizer
- Business purpose
- Upload certificate of good standing from original jurisdiction
- Printed or typed name of the authorized person; Title of the authorized person
- Click accept and add
- Submitter's information
- Service option
- Review and pay
To register a foreign LLC by mail, follow the instructions below:
- Print and complete the form. Attach a certificate of good standing from the original jurisdiction.
- Include a $20 check payable to "State of Michigan"
- Mail the document and check to Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau Corporations Division P.O. Box 30054 Lansing, MI 48909