How to Remove Registered Agent in California LLC
Remove Registered Agent in California LLC | BetterLegal
California LLC Resignation of Agent For Service of Process
Are you a business owner looking for California LLC Resignation of Agent For Service of Process? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Remove Registered Agent your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state.
This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in California:
Fill out RA-100
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
Fill out the form along with the Submission Cover Sheet
a) Contact Person is the submitter's information
b) Entity Name
c) Entity Number (if applicable)
d) Principal Office Address
Resignation of Agent For Service of Process form
1) LLC name
2) LLC Entity (File) Number
3) Enter Registered Agent's name
4) Do not do anything
5) Registered Agent or representative's signature
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
Submit it online
1) Go to the Secretary of State's website: https://bizfileonline.sos.ca.gov/search/business and look up the LLC using its name.
2) Click on the LLC and then select "File Amendment"
3) Choose "Resignation of Agent For Service of Process"
4) Fill in all the required details.
5) Confirm Registered Agent's information on Entity Details and Resigning Agent for Service of Process tab, then check the box
6) File Online
Submit it by mail
1) Print and sign the form (including the Submission Cover Sheet)
2) Make all checks or money orders payable to the Secretary of State
3) Mail the documents to:
California Secretary of State
Business Programs Division-Business Entities
PO Box 944260
Sacramento, CA 94244-2600
- Prepare by choosing a Name and Registered Agent
- File Certificate of Formation with the State of Texas
- Apply for an EIN with the IRS
- Obtain an Operating Agreement
- Handle Ongoing Texas Compliance and Maintenance
Start your LLC in Set Up Your Business in 10 Minutes or Less
BetterLegal is the fastest and most affordable way for business owners to set up their Business. We file with your State same day so you'll have your Business within 2 business days.Get started today!