South Carolina LLC Resignation of Agent for Service of Process
Are you a business owner looking for South Carolina LLC Resignation of Agent for Service of Process? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Remove Registered Agent your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in South Carolina:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Enter the name of the entity
- Enter the date, signature and name of the registered agent
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go tohttps://businessfilings.sc.gov/BusinessFiling/Home/DownloadForms?pdfCategoryId=2&category=Making%20Amendments%20to%20an%20Existing%20Business
- Click on amend an existing business
- Enter the business name of the company for which you wish to file documents and click search.
- Find the business in the results below and click to view the official business profile.
- From your business’s profile click the "Add Filing" button
- Choose the third option "Resignation of Agent for Service of Process (§33-44-110)"
- Enter the agent's name
- Select who is signing the form
- Review and pay
- File three copies of this form, the original and either two duplicate original or conformed copies. The Secretary of State shall mail a copy of this statement to the designated office and also to the principal office.
- Make a $10 fee payable to the Secretary of State’s Office and mail the document to -Attn: Corporate Filings 1205 Pendleton Street Suite 525 Columbia, SC 29201
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today