Alabama LLC Name Reservation Request
Are you a business owner looking for Alabama LLC Name Reservation Request? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Reserve Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Alabama:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Check the box Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- List the requested name (must include the suffix LLC) a) To check name availability, go tohttps://www.sos.alabama.gov/andclick on Business Services (below the picture), then click on Business Entity Search
- Enter the name and address of the entity or individual requesting the name reservation
- Enter the mailing address
- Enter the date and signature
- Fill out the payment form
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go tohttps://www.sos.alabama.gov/
- Click on Business Services (under picture)
- Scroll down to Name Reservation Menu
- Click on Name Reservation
- Click "Continue to application" for Non-Subscriber or Login if you are a subscriber
- List contact information
- List the name requested and add LLC
- Check the box for the type of reservation
- Check the box for the type of entity (a) Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Click "Name reservation only"
- Requestor information
- Review and check the box
- Enter credit card information
- Submit payment
- The document is obtained immediately after payment
- Print and fill out the form (including the payment form)
- Mail 2 copies of this completed form along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Secretary of State, Business Services, P.O. Box 5616, Montgomery, Alabama 36103
- Include a check, money order, or credit card payment
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today