Are you a business owner looking for Connecticut LLC Name reservation? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Reserve Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Connecticut:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To file for name reservation, follow the steps below:
- Reservation name
- Applicant legal name
- Applicant address
- Effectiveness of Filing: Filing date/future date (back-dating is not allowed)
- Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person
- Printed or typed name of an authorized person
- Title of an authorized person
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file for name reservation in Connecticut online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Connecticut Secretary of State website
- Check Online Name Reservation System
- If you already have an account, log in to your account. If you do not have an account, click on Create Account and follow the instructions to create a new account.
- Click name reservation
- Enter the name you want to reserve and select the type of entity
- Pay the $60 fee using a credit or debit card.
To file for name reservation in Connecticut by mail, follow the steps below: 1.Print out and fill the form 2. Enclose a check or money order for the $60 fee payable to "Secretary of the State." 3. Mail the completed form and fee to the following address: Connecticut Secretary of State Commercial Recording Division PO Box 150470 Hartford, CT 06115-0470