Are you a business owner looking for Kentucky LLC Name reservation? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Reserve Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Kentucky:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To file for name reservation, follow the steps below:
- Check reservation
- Name to be reserved
- Check Limited Liability Company name
- Name and mailing address of the applicant
- Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person
- Printed or typed name of an authorized person
- Title of an authorized person
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file for a name reservation in Kentucky online, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Kentucky Secretary of State's website
- Click on "Business Services" on the top menu bar, then select "Name Reservations" from the dropdown menu.
- On the Name Reservation page, scroll down to the "Online Name Reservation System" section and click on "Access the Online System."
- You will be directed to the "Online Name Reservation System" page. Click on "New User Registration" if you have not yet created an account, or log in if you already have an account.
- After logging in, select "File a New Name Reservation" and enter the proposed name you want to reserve.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your reservation request, including paying the required fee.
- Once you have submitted your reservation request, you will receive a confirmation email with your reservation number.
To file for a name reservation in Kentucky by mail, follow the steps below:
- Obtain a Name Reservation Form from the Kentucky Secretary of State's website
- Fill out the form with the proposed name you wish to reserve, your name and address, and your contact information.
- Attach a check or money order for the required $15 fee.
- Mail the completed form and payment to the following address: Kentucky Secretary of State Name Reservation P.O. Box 718 Frankfort, KY 40602-0718