Are you a business owner looking for Ohio LLC Name Reservation / Transfer / Cancellation? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Reserve Name your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Ohio:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To apply for name reservation, follow the instructions below:
- Name of submitter
- Return address
- Email and phone number of the submitter
- Select an expedited option, if needed
- Check the first box "Original Name Reservation"
- Name Choices
- Applicant's information
- Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person
- Printed or typed name of the authorized person
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file for name reservation online, follow the instruction below:
- Login athttps://bsportal.ohiosos.gov/Login.aspx
- Select "FILE A NEW BUSINESS OR REGISTER A NAME" under business filings
- Select "NAME RESERVATION" and pick an expedited option
- Complete the form;https://www.ohiosos.gov/globalassets/business/forms/534b.pdf
- Upload and attach the completed form
- Add to cart and checkout
To file for name reservation by mail, follow the instruction below:
- Print and complete the form
- Include a $39 check payable to "Secretary of State"
- Mail the document and check to P.O. Box 788 Columbus, OH 43216
If expedited, mail to P.O. Box 1390 Columbus, OH 43216