How to Termination in Connecticut LLC
Termination in Connecticut LLC | BetterLegal
Connecticut LLC Certificate of dissolution
Are you a business owner looking for Connecticut LLC Certificate of dissolution? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Termination your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state.
This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Connecticut:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
To terminate your LLC, follow the instructions below:
1. Name of LLC
2. Dissolution date
3. Name and signature of an authorized person
4. Printed or typed name of an authorized person
5. Title and date of an authorized person
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
Submit it online
To terminate your LLC in Connecticut online, follow the steps below:
1. Login to your account
2. Click File Certificate of Dissolution.
3. Complete the online form with the necessary information
4. Pay the required fee using a credit or debit card.
5. Submit the completed form and fee payment online.
6. Notify any creditors, suppliers, and other business partners that the LLC is being dissolved.
7. Cancel any business licenses, permits, or registrations that the LLC holds with the state of Connecticut or other relevant authorities.
8. Liquidate the LLC's assets and distribute any remaining funds to the LLC's members according to the terms of the LLC's operating agreement.
Submit it by mail
To terminate your LLC in Connecticut by mail, follow the steps below:
1. Fill the form
2. Prepare a cover letter that includes your LLC's name, the reason for dissolution, and the date of dissolution.
3. Mail the completed Certificate of Dissolution form and the cover letter to the Connecticut Secretary of State's office at:
Secretary of State
Commercial Recording Division
P.O. Box 150470
Hartford, CT 06115-0470
4. Pay the filing fee with a check or money order made payable to "Secretary of the State."
- Prepare by choosing a Name and Registered Agent
- File Certificate of Formation with the State of Texas
- Apply for an EIN with the IRS
- Obtain an Operating Agreement
- Handle Ongoing Texas Compliance and Maintenance
Start your LLC in Set Up Your Business in 10 Minutes or Less
BetterLegal is the fastest and most affordable way for business owners to set up their Business. We file with your State same day so you'll have your Business within 2 business days.Get started today!