Maine LLC Certificate of Cancellation
Are you a business owner looking for Maine LLC Certificate of Cancellation ? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Termination your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Maine:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Enter the LLC name
- Enter the date of formation
- Enter the date of dissolution
- Check the first box if the effective date of the cancellation shall be immediate
- Check the second box if there is an effective future date for the cancellation
- List any other information the person filing the certificate of cancellation determines necessary
- Enter the date, authorized signature and printed name
- Fill out the Customer Contact Cover Letter
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Print the 2 pages form (Amendment and contact cover letter)
- If using US Postal Service, submit the completed form to: Department of the Secretary of State Corporations, UCC and Commissions 101 State House Station Augusta, ME 04333-0101
- If using FedEx/UPS, submit the completed form to: Department of the Secretary of State Corporations, UCC and Commissions 111 Sewall Street, 4th Floor Augusta, ME 04330
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today