Maryland LLC Articles of Cancellation
Are you a business owner looking for Maryland LLC Articles of Cancellation? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Termination your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Maryland:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:
- Entity Information: Put the legal name of the entity. 1.a) SDAT ID number (if known)
- Enter the Principal Office Address
- Enter the Registered Agent's name
- Enter the Registered Agent's address
- Enter the Member's name and address
- Do not do anything
- Check the "LLC has no known creditor(s)" box and enter the date
- Place the filer's name and signature
- Enter the Registered Agent's Signature
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
- Go to the Secretary of State's website:https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress/EntitySearchand look up the LLC using its name.
- Click the LLC Name and select "Options for this Business"
- Choose "Cancel/Dissolve Business in Maryland"
- Select "The company does NOT have known creditors"
- Enter all necessary details
- and pay
- Print and sign the form
- All checks must be made out to State Department of Assessments and Taxation or SDAT
- Mail documents to: State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Charter Division 301 W. Preston Street; 8th Floor Baltimore, MD 21201‐2395
Sign up with BetterLegal today to make sure you’re starting your business out legally. We’ll take care of all the frustrating rules and paperwork, specific to your state and situation!
Get started today