Are you a business owner looking for Texas LLC Certificate of Termination of a Domestic Entity? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Termination your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Texas:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To terminate your LLC, follow the instructions below:
Entity Information a) Name of entity b) Entity type ( LLC, LLP, CORP, etc.) c) Date of Formation d) Filing number of entity (This can be found by searching the entity's name on the state website)
Governing Persons a) List the names and addresses of all governing persons (Manager, Director, or Partner) b) Indicate the nature of events leading to the termination. Must be indicated. It can be any of the following; i) A voluntary decision to wind up the entity has been approved in the manner required by the Texas Business Organizations Code and by the governing documents of the entity. ii) The period of duration specified in the governing documents of the entity has expired. iii) The occurrence of an event specified in the governing documents of the entity that requires the winding up, dissolution, or termination of the entity. iv) The occurrence of an event specified in the Texas Business Organizations Code that requires the winding up, dissolution, or termination of the entity. v) A court decree requiring the winding up, dissolution, or termination of the entity has been rendered under the provisions of the Texas Business Organizations Code or other law.
Effective Date of Termination Filing a) Specify if the termination filing is to be effective immediately the document is filed by the state or a delayed effective date (not more than 90 days) or upon the occurrence of a future event (not more than 90 days from the day of filing).
Tax Certificate (Required) a) Attach a tax certificate from the comptroller confirming that all taxes have been paid.
Execution a) Indicate the date of filing. b) Document should be signed by an authorized individual.
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To terminate your LLC online, follow the instructions below:
- log in to state website,https://direct.sos.state.tx.us/
- Fill in all payment details
- Click on Business Organizations
- Scroll down to Change Documents and input the entity file number (This can be found by searching the entity's name on the state website).
- Click on File document and select Certificate of Termination
- Add names and addresses of all governing persons (Manager, Partner or Director)
- Indicate the nature of the event requiring winding up of the domestic entity
- Attach Tax Certificate
- Sign with all governing person's names and title
- Indicate a delayed effective filing date if the customer requested
- Review the filing and submit
- Save the document number for future references
To terminate your LLC by mail, follow the instructions below:
- Print the form (two copies) and sign.
- Payment methods accepted:
- personal checks
- money orders
- LegalEase debit cards
- credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- Checks or money orders must be made payable to the Secretary of State
- Mail the completed form in duplicate along with the filing fee to: P.O. Box 13697 Austin, Texas 78711-3697