Go Back

How to Termination in Washington LLC

Termination in Washington LLC | BetterLegal


Washington LLC Certificate of Dissolution

Are you a business owner looking for Washington LLC Certificate of Dissolution? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Termination your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.

There are various ways to do this based on your state.
This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Washington:

Fill out

This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so:

1. Provide the UBI Number assigned to the business registration as on file with the Office of the Secretary of State of Washington. Go to https://ccfs.sos.wa.gov/#/CorporationSearch to search for the UBI Number
2. Provide the entity name as recorded with the Office of the Secretary of State of Washington.
3. Select the date this filing is to be effective. If “Date of Filing” is selected, the effective date will be the date the submission is completed by our office. A future effective date may be specified which may not be more than 90 days after the date of filing.
4. If changing the LLC name, list the new LLC name on item number 4
5. Select "This Company shall have a perpetual duration"
6. List the principal office address for "Return Address for this mailing"
7. Enter the first manager's name, address, title, signature and date the document.

There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.

Submit it online

1) Go to the Secretary of State's website: https://ccfs.sos.wa.gov/#/Home, select "Dissolution/Withdrawal" under Business Maintenance Filings then look up the LLC using its name
2) Click the radio button right before the LLC name and click continue
3) Check the box under "Dissolution Attestation Provided"
4) Use the Principal Office address for "Return Address for this filing".
5) Enter the first manager's name, title, and check the box under "Authorized Person"
6) Click continue to proceed with payment

Submit it by mail

1. Fill out and print the form
2. Prepare a check or money orders and make it payable to “Secretary of State.” Checks cannot be backdated more than 60 days from the date the check is received.
3. Mail the document and check or money order to:
PO Box 40234 Olympia, WA 98504-0234

Icon Icon Icon