Are you a business owner looking for Ohio LLC Statutory Agent Update? With the ever-changing nature of business, sometimes it’s important to Update Statutory Agent your LLC to ensure the most accurate records are kept.
There are various ways to do this based on your state. This guide will walk you through the steps to correctly do this for yourself in Ohio:
This form is available here for download. Once downloaded, fill it out like so: To change your registered agent, fill out the form providing the information below:
- Name of submitter
- Return address
- Email and phone number of the submitter
- Select an expedited option, if needed
- Check the entity's structure under the first box if appointing a new agent. Check the entity's structure under the second box if only changing the Registered Agent Address.
- Name of entity and registration number
- Name of current registered agent
- Name and address of the new registered agent, if applicable
- New address of the registered agent, if applicable
- Digital/Wet signature of an authorized person
- Printed or typed name of the authorized person
There's multiple ways to submit this form - online, by mail, via fax, in-person.
To file the statutory agent update online, follow the instructions below:
- Login athttps://bsportal.ohiosos.gov/Login.aspx
- Select "Update an Existing Business record"
- Search the business name or entity's number
- Select "Statutory Agent Update - Appoint New Agent"
- Continue; add the info of the new Registered Agent
- No need to upload attachments
- Use the first manager as the authorized agent. Save and Continue.
- Review the document pdf and PRINT NAME in Print Name box underneath the signature.
- Verify for Checkout, click Select Filings and, checkout.
To file the statutory agent update by mail, follow the instructions below:
- Print and complete the form
- Include a $25 check payable to "Secretary of State"
- Mail the document and check to P.O. Box 788 Columbus, OH 43216
If expedited, mail to P.O. Box 1390 Columbus, OH 43216